Pages

Monday

Sweet Indulgence....CCG #235

{ Color Combos Galore: Challenge #235 }
{ Unscripted Sketches: Sketch #204 }



Edited 4/7/13: My card made Top 3 at Unscripted Sketched and got Honorable Mention at Just Add Ink! So excited!!

Hello there! Hope your Easter was splendid and that you and your family had a wonderful day together. I think this was the quietest Easter for us as my little girl still had a bad cold, and I am still trying to get over mine. I managed to create a card last night. I tried to challenge myself and create it in 10 minutes, but it TOTALLY did not work out. I definitely need to plan a bit more. Well after much more than 10 minutes, this is what I made:





Color and Inspiration...




The CCG Designer's Challenge: I chose Inspiration Photo #1 - Focus On Technique: Dry Embossing. I was also inspired by Photo #1 mimic the arch frame by creating a scalloped edge. The trim inspired me to add dimensional paint and a circular element for the fountain.


Sketch Inspiration...
Sketch #204 @ Unscripted Sketches

    The Sketch Interpretation
  • For the "three horizontal blocks": I substituted them for banner strips. Or are they called flag strips?
  • For the "title/greeting": I moved it down a notch
  • The "bow/string": Because of the irregular shape of the scalloped edge, I found it difficult to add it in. I tried, but it wouldn't work for me. Being it was my first time playing with them, I was a little worried. But when I looked at the DT samples again, it really was okay to leave it out. WHEW!



I used My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Market 6x6 Pad and these Papertrey Ink goodies:



This CCG Color Combo Challenge has ended. Tune in later today for the next Reveal!


design influenced and inspired by:
{ Just Add Ink: Challenge 159 } Theme: "Just Add Bunny's"
{ Papercraft Star: Challenge 138 } Theme: "Easter"
{ Pattie's Creation Challenge: Challenge 64 } Theme: "Easter"
{ Daring Card Makers: Challenge } Theme: "Springing into Spring"


As always, thanks for stopping by and....
Happy Scrappin', Loves!

xoxo
Share On:

15 comments:

Ros Crawford said... [Reply]

Never mind how long it took ... it's beautiful!! So cute!

Michele Cunningham said... [Reply]

your card is so cute!!! and the best thing at Unscripted Sketches is you can interpret the sketch any way you want to. Thanks for joining us.

Christine Blain said... [Reply]

What a gorgeous card, Janet! I love the soft pastel colours you've used, and the bunny is just too cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

dstandard said... [Reply]

Beautiful card - love the flipped version! Thanks for playing at US!

Meihsia Liu said... [Reply]

Hi, Janet, this is such a cute card! Love the adorable bunny. :)

Nikki Spencer said... [Reply]

Such a sweet card Janet, l love the soft colours and that cute little PTI bunny has just arrived on my doorstep, so l loved seeing it used on your beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Lovely card - I really like the layout of this card with all the different shapes. Chantell JAI

Beckie said... [Reply]

Ooo pretty pretty card :) thanks for taking part in the DCM challenge :)

FiKenward said... [Reply]

This was such a beautiful card Janet, love the use of the dies and stamps especially that rabbit.

Bettina L. said... [Reply]

This is absolutely beautiful. Love the design with the embossed papers, use of dies and I particularly love that bunny. Thanks for playing at Pattie's Creations and good luck. Hope to see you back friday for our bloghop!! Bettina DT Member at Pattie's Creations Challenge! xx

Patrice said... [Reply]

What a cute lil bunny, Janet - thanks for linking up at Unscripted Sketches this week!

Geri said... [Reply]

I'm so glad that you didn't let the sketch stop you from sharing your card with us at Unscripted Sketches. Remember, it is just a starting point, you take it whereever you want to go! In this case, you definitely created a stunning card. I adore the scalloped edge with the offset color! Your colors are perfectly coordinated. Great composition!

Geri said... [Reply]

Congrats on the Top Three shout out at Unscripted! Definitely sooooo very deserving of this honor!

Kelly said... [Reply]

Hi Janet...I'm still LOVING that cute little bunny! Congratulations on making top 3, and the honorable mention...so deserved :) You are the winner of the Pure Bliss/Maya Road Give-away! Shoot me your address in an e-mail, and I'll get that out to you :) xx.

Judy @Online PhD UK University said... [Reply]

First I have to say I love how you have your blog set up. Everything is so neat and easy to find. Sorry to hear your little munchkin was sick during the holidays. For the amount of time you gave yourself your card looks awesome.


My homepage: Online PhD UK Programs