Pages

Monday

Paper Bag Mini-Album...and a CCG COMEBACK!!!

{ Color Combos Galore: Challenge #213 }
{ CAS-ual Fridays: Challenge 12/23}


No more Ning network.
Color Combos Galore is back on Blogger!!!
 

Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!! What is so great about new year's is that we can wipe the slates clean and start fresh. It is also the most opportune time to start something new, new chapters, new beginnings. I explained in depth why I made the decision to leave the Ning website on the new CCG challenge blog. It really came down to time and money. It's been over two years since I had the challenges up on Blogger. I am very excited about it, it will be a whole lot easier to maintain and will function much better. The first challenge is already up. Take a look-see...



So we are celebrating New Year's Day with a "Resolutions Challenge" and the colors are DEEEEE-VINE!!! The Inspiration Board has slightly changed (I just LOVE the new design with the stacked photo, digital washi tape and new details section). You know I had originally designed the Board to look like a file folder. Sort of something you either pull or put away in your inspiration "files". I originally got the idea from the way I personally work on projects, with a challenge task sheet on my desk with ideas and notes, colors and sketches tacked on. Really fun, so I definitely kept that. The big change is in the scheduling of the challenges.
Aha! Drumroll, please....

Challenges will be posted on the 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd each month

One Color Combo posted every TWO WEEKS, twice each month, alternating layouts and cards each single week, using a different Inspiration Photo and Designer Challenge for each.
for example, EVERY MONTH ON....

- the 1st: Combo A - Layouts, tags, mini albums, off the page projects (this will run for two weeks)
- the 8th: Combo A - Cards week (same combo, different Inspiration Photo and Designer Challenge, for cards)
Both Combo A Challenges will close at the end of cards week (the 14th)

- the 15th: Combo B - Layouts week (same as above)
- the 22nd: Combo B - Cards week (same as above)
Both Combo B Challenges will close at the end of Cards week (the 28th)


So for Layouts Week, I created a Mini-Album. Here are some closeups:
 
Closeup #1: a) Brown paper bag folded in half. b) For the banner tips, I used a square punch and punched the end of the strip diagonally to get perfect banner ends (TIP ALERT!!).
Closeup #2: a) Butterfly pins created with quilting pins, a punch and hot glue. b) Accordion flowers with snipped creases.

The Color Combo: The damask and houndstooth print from the MME Forever Classified paper as well as the inked doilie and brad was my "Burst of Champagne" color. "A Clean Slate" was distributed all throughout, including the pearl brad. The gray Stickles and twine was my "Silver Bells", and the punched edge MME Favorite Party paper was my "Hope n' Taupe". The black and kraft were my neutral freebie colors.


{ The Design }
Janet Perafan-Babar  ||  paper bag mini album holder
Featuring products from My Mind's Eye

The Design: I started with a paper bag, deco-scissored the edge and Stickled it. I cut a square from the MME Favorite Party paper and punched the edge. I cut another square from the MME Forever Classifieds paper and layered on top. The scrolly label was cut out from the same paper. I used a makeup sponge to stamp the golden yellow on the doily, and added glitter around the inner edge. I then cut a one inch strip from the MME Princess Pintuck paper and created two accordion flowers from it. Here is where I stuck on the two MME Gertie brads. I dug deep into my stash for those rub-ons (and how old are they?) to create my little title banner. Hot glued the butterflies to pins, wrapped twine around, a few more touches of Stickles and was done.

{ My Inspiration }
While searching for a challenge to accompany the Resolutions Challenge, I went through my feeds and came across this challenge over at the CAS-ual Fridays blog. Okay, this was totally fun! LOVED the idea of using a brown paper package. I immediately thought I could house all of my resolutions in it. PERFECT! Though in the end, with all the glitter and gold, it doesn't look so simple and casual, but it was really simple to make and super-quick too!

Now only if I can scrap this quick from now on! Wouldn't that be great!

Thanks for stopping by!!! You still have plenty of time to complete the CCG Challenge, it's for Layouts, Mini-Albums and Off-the-Page Projects only and it ends on January 14th, 11:59pm USA/EST. Hope you will play along too! Please visit each Designer's blog and see what they created for this gorgeous palette!




Happy Scrappin'!!!!
xoxo



Project List:
{ Resolutions 2012 } Mini Album/Altered Bag:

Products:
  • My Mind's Eye: Lost & Found 2 Sunshine - "Forever" Classified
  • My Mind's Eye: Lost & Found 2 Blush - "Favorite" Party; "Princess" Pintuck
  • My Mind's Eye: Stella & Rose Gertie - "Delightful" Decorative Brads
Other:
  • Letter Stickers: Making Memories "resolutions"; Mustard Moon "2012"
  • Accents: W R Memory Keepers - Baker's Twine: Neutrals
Stamps and Inks:
Misc:
  • Punches: Martha Stewart - Deco Flowers; Royal Butterfly; EK Success - 1" Square
  • pin (Dritz); deco-scissor (Provo Craft); 4" doilie; brown paper bag

My Toolbox:

find linked products at simonsaysstamp.com
Share On:

6 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said... [Reply]

Love the paperbag album idea! Nice also to see that you are scrapping again. This looks awesome!

Kelly said... [Reply]

The album is beautiful, Janet! ...I just love everything about it:)

Marlena M. said... [Reply]

Gorgeous project, Janet! You layered the details perfectly-so festive and fun. ;)

Karen B. said... [Reply]

What a beautiful project! Thanks so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Monika/Buzsy said... [Reply]

Oh, so pretty! Love the medallions, the butterflies... the colors are really nice! :o)

Chantal Vandenberg said... [Reply]

Lovely work!!! :D