Pages

Thursday

Scrappy Chics Kits: May Project #3

Wow, three challenges rolled into one. Haven't done that in ages! I found that the Embellish Magazine color scheme was perfect for the kit, so I concentrated on those colors for the card and The Shabby Tea Room's challenge was so perfect for me because I LOVEEEEEE butterflies, so that was fun to play along with too! I remember years ago when I used to combine many more challenges than just three. Those were the days!

{ The Design }

Featuring Jillibean Blossom Soup Collection


{ My Inspiration }

The Sketch:
Variation #1: Round or Square? I chose square! I definitely wanted to use white as my base, but it was so plain, so I embossed it with a Fiskars template. Instead of a spray of flowers like in the sketch I punched out tiny butterflies from the Jillibean Fresh Cilantro paper and cut out the large butterfly out of one of the Jillibean circle die cuts to fit the Shabby Tea Room butterfly challenge.
Variation #2: Used the Jillibean Soup phrase die cut as my sentiment and moved it over from the center to the left side of the die cut circle, also from the Jillibean Soup die cut sheet given in the kit. I added a pop dot for dimension.
Variation #3: I received the Webster's Pages Trendsetter trim what to do, what to do....that's right! Where the sketch called for a scalloped border along the right side of the card, I tucked in the ribbon! The adhesive was pretty tricky, I used Martha Stewart's All Purpose Gel Adhesive which held up pretty darn well!
Variation #4: There are the three tiny circles on the lower left of the card. I placed my three little stickers that say I 'heart' you. Cute!

Project Supplies:
{ Friendship } card:
From: Scrappy Chics Kits, May 2011 kit
  • Blossom Soup paper - Fresh Cilantro (Jillibean Soup)
  • Blossom Soup Cardstock Stickers (Jillibean Soup)
  • Blossom Soup Die Cuts (Jillibean Soup)
  • Trendsetter Trim (Webster's Pages)
From my stash:
Cardstock: White (American Crafts); Kraft (Bazzill)
Punches: butterfly (Marvy Uchida)
Other: embossing template (Fiskars); pop dots (American Crafts); linen thread

Links on this post:
{ Scrappy Chics Kits: May Kit }
{ Embellish Magazine Color Trends: Square Cards }
{ Mojo Monday: Challenge #188 }
{ The Shabby Tea Room: Challenge #59 }
Share On:

2 comments:

sandi said... [Reply]

Beautiful, beautiful card. I like the pink ruffle...looks neat!

Ashley Cannon Newell said... [Reply]

What a great card! Thanks so much for joining Embellishes Square Color Trends Challenge.